Lady Greensleeves's Velvet Undergown

The tailoring misadventures of a histerical costumer

Friday, July 28, 2006

The Coriander is Here!!

And it's gorgeous! I wasn't sure, at first, when I opened the package, but when I carted it upstairs and laid it out in the sunshine atop the violet gown--the colors just sang. Bliss.

This photo is not great; the yellow is a little washed out. But it's a true rich butter yellow. Delicious.



Unfortunately, the violet gown doesn't have a history of photographing well, either. You may never get to see the Coriander Gown in all its golden glory. Alas. One nice surprise? The "pale gold" Coriander really picks up the metallic gold in the violet gown's trim. That was a happy discovery!

In other news... I have finished the initial mockup of DH's tunic and cowl. I still need to do the fitting for it--but an initial try-on revealed that I cut the contrast for the neckline about twice as wide as necessary, giving the whole thing (it's muslin with a green neckline) an ecclesiastical bent. DH gave a benediction. In Latin.

We watched the old Errol Flynn "Adventures of Robin Hood" last night, a movie in which approximately 97.3% of characters wore hoods-and-cowls. I begged DH to let me dag his cowl, a la Will Scarlet, but he was having none of it.

Tomorrow I'm speaking twice at an all-day workshop, but hope I'll get a chance to use my Saturday night for sewing. I think I need to give some attention to the doublet, which is starting to hint--again--that it wants to be a mandelion. Grumble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home