Lady Greensleeves's Velvet Undergown

The tailoring misadventures of a histerical costumer

Sunday, July 16, 2006

I'm glad I asked

In the midst of my fabric indecision last week, I posted my dilemma on the Renfest.com costuming forum. Everyone voted for the silk.

Which was incredibly helpful, because it made me realize how much I really want the damask. The idea of not having that butter yellow damask was too much. So I'll be ordering that one.

Huzzah!

So why, you ask, am I going against the advice of many talented costumers--several with much more experience than I have? One--color. I love that butter yellow, and I'm just not entirely convinced that purple and gold should be crosswoven together. Two--weight. I just don't think the silk is going to have the fall I want. Silk dupioni has a mind of its own when it comes to how it falls. Damask will hang where you put it. Three--I don't like to be pressured. The sale deadline was just too soon.

Although I still want some deep red for the skirt for the coif.

And since you don't believe that I ever get round to actually making things, I started the muslin for DH's tunic and cowl last night. So there.

And now, back to making a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home