Lady Greensleeves's Velvet Undergown

The tailoring misadventures of a histerical costumer

Friday, June 30, 2006

Do I Like Butter?

Hold up the fabric to my face and see....

I may have found it! The gold damask for the shepherdess overgown! This is a cotton blend damask called "Coriander:"



Which I find amusing, given my recent love affair with the cover of a novel called I, Coriander.

The color is called "pale gold;" the site describes it as "pale yellow." Butter yellow is one of my favorite colors to wear. Several years ago I had a butter yellow sundress that I adored; how fun would it be to have a new one for Fair?!

I think when I hit my next revision quota (which was going to be the Red Sock Quota), I may order four or five yards of this.

My one concern right now is how this pale yellow will look with the violet. Purple and yellow are opposites on the color wheel, so in the wrong intensities they can fight each other. However... still tempted. Hmmmm.

ETA... Browsing the Coriander pix reminded me that Hobby Lobby always* carries this lovely soft drapey sage green chenille in a similar diamond pattern that I've loved for a while now. That might also look well with the violet... and not quite so Easter egg-ish.

*Always, meaning "every other time I've been in, until I decide that this is the fabric I want, when they'll be out. For good."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home