Lady Greensleeves's Velvet Undergown

The tailoring misadventures of a histerical costumer

Sunday, July 09, 2006

To Do List

Apparently I suffer from Costume ADD, because I keep flitting from one thing to another. I get seized with an idea, obsess over it for a while, and then abandon it. I do eventually get some things made, but clearly I need to focus better.

So with that in mind, I give you (well, me, really), my To-Do List

Must Do
--Muslin mockup for DH's "Green Arrow"-inspired tunic & cowl
--Muslin mockup for a doublet
--Order DWR microfiber from Rose City Textiles for *at least* the tunic and a walking cape.
--Order same for perhaps a second walking cape and a robe
--Select trims for the same
--Make the doublet
--Make the walking cape
--Make the tunic & cowl

Optional
--Corded Corset
--Shepherdess dress
--new breeches to go with doublet

Do you see the trouble here? My obsessions for the past month have not been in the right place! Gah. Fortunately I think DH's tunic should be fairly straightforward--even with the dags/crenellations/hem treatment he'd like. The doublet, a little less so, though not insurmountable.

Maybe I should do one must-do project, then allow myself to work on one optional project. If I make DH's mockup, then I can order the yellow fabric. Or work on the corset, etc.

The fact is, I never have enough time in a season to sew everything I dream up. And then there are those projects that pop up out of the blue (like last year's purse)

I'm actually feeling itchy stitchy fingers to get started on the tunic mockup, just to feel as though I'm making forward progress on things. That's good, yes?

Unfortunately, my sewing time this week and next will be limited, because we'll be building the new shelves for my office.

Which is why I've started some embroidery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home