Lady Greensleeves's Velvet Undergown

The tailoring misadventures of a histerical costumer

Monday, July 17, 2006

Fabric Therapy

I did it! I ordered my Coriander! And in honor of that, I am hereby naming this project the Coriander Gown! I ordered 6 1/2 yards, which really, truly ought to be enough to include any mistakes I might make.

I had a dreadful day. Horrid. It was actually only a moment, but you know how those grow. Revisions are disatrous, and I have no idea how to fix them. That Week is starting, and so I know it's messing with how I react to awfulness... but that doesn't mean that the problem is non-existant. The book is still shaping up to be 150 pages too long (no joke, if I continue at the present pace), and That Week or no, that's a problem.

So. Dyed my hair, had a good cry (I rarely cry over my job; this might be the second time in a decade), got a wonderfully "I hear ya!" email from my critique bud, and BOUGHT MY FABBIE!

Feel better now. I almost didn't buy it (probably smart in the mood I was in, sure I couldn't do anything right), but after the shower and the email and some browsing through other dress diaries, I decided to go for it. I did think about buying just a swatch, but there was no saving on shipping--so if I decided to buy it, I'd be out double the shipping charges (like $15). Fabric favors the bold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home